VILLAGE BIBLE CHURCH
1591 FOREST HILLS BLVD.
BELLA VISTA, AR. 72715
Children & Youth Ministries Director
Part Time Position: ~20 hours per week
This position reports to the Senior Pastor.
We have a vision for establishing a strong discipling ministry for Children and Youth from birth – 12th grade. The primary goal of this Ministry is to partner with parents/guardians to help young people to begin a lifelong relationship with Jesus and to help them to live, love and serve more like Jesus as His disciples.
QUALIFICATIONS: This staff member shall have:
- A passion for Jesus that is contagious
- Be able to engage and recruit, train, empower and lead a team of current and new members of Village Bible Church who are gifted and called to serve as team members in this ministry.
- This person must have the ability to plan, organize, direct and lead the Children and Youth Ministry of a Bible centered growing church while staying current in best practices for working with youth.
- This person shall have strong interpersonal skills and experience to relate Bible teachings and applications to real life questions and situations that apply to youth and their families in an increasingly challenging culture.
- This person shall demonstrate the ability to meaningfully interact and communicate with youth and their families/guardians to build lasting redemptive relationships.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity, discernment, and discretion with sensitive information and people.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through oral and written formats, with a demonstrated ability to make effective group presentations.
- Schedule: As is typical for ministry, this position requires a flexible schedule. It Includes agreed upon focus of
Sunday School/Children’s Church & Wednesday evenings as key components, but we envision Vacation Bible School and/or Summer Camp as possibilities in the near future.
RESPONSIBILITIES: (initial focal points of this Ministry Position include)
- Serve and support the vision and mission of the church.
- Focus on partnering with parents/guardians to help their children to develop into lifelong disciples of Jesus. Through thoughtful planning and preparation, the Children and Youth Ministries Director will provide leadership for birth through 12 grade children/youth in the areas of; Sunday School/Children’s Church, discipleship, praise/worship, evangelism, and fellowship events in a safe (physically and emotionally) and engaging environment, in collaboration with the Senior Pastor, Pastoral team, and ministry volunteers.
- Focus on identifying and recruiting gifted and called people to help build a devoted team of disciplers to carry out this ministry
- Focus on training and equipping the Team of disciplers needed to carry out this ministry in a biblical way.
- Focus on resourcing the Team of disciplers with the curriculum, supplies and encouragement they need.
- Focus on the systems required to support a dynamic, meaningful and safe (physically and emotionally) atmosphere for spiritual long-term growth for this ministry with a high priority on safety.
- Prepare and oversee the ministry budget. Maintain a standard of careful stewardship, accurate budgeting, and consistent use of finance approval and reporting systems.
We are open to the Lord’s leading regarding this position. We are praying for either 1 gifted servant leader OR 2 gifted servant leaders who will split the responsibilities of this role with 1 focusing on Children’s Ministry and the other focusing on Youth Ministry.
If you feel God leading you to this position and are interested in taking a next step, please send your resume to:
Village Bible Church
Attn. Pastor Al Frank
1591 Forest Hills Blvd
Bella Vista, Arkansas 72715
For more information about Village Bible Church, please see our website: